Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use my sim card

SOLVED
adyvyruz
Contributing Citizen ✪

Can't use my sim card

Hi! Recently I got my sim cards from the nearest store. I thought I would give a try to use the simcards by using it with my HUAWEI B660 modem. At first I figured out that the signal colour was yellow and there is no internet connection although it says I am already connected to the wifi. Last night I tried again and this time the signal colour was green but still there is no internet connection. May I know how to solve this problem? I saw some other post like mine and it stated that the modem need to be unlocked first.

7 REPLIES 7
ztron
Retired Sheriff

Re: Can't use my sim card

Hey! Just wanna check with you. Which plan of the SIM card you were subscribing to in the first place? Let say if you used mobile simcard and putting it into broadband modem, it definitely won't work.

About the unlock part, that you will need to find out from the broadband modem store to find out if the modem were locked in the first place or not.

adyvyruz
Contributing Citizen ✪

Hi! I'm using the free sims #pilihapasaja so I don't know if I still need to subscribe any other plans. Yes, I just simply put it in the modem. I thought it will be the same like any other sim cards. The modem was originally used maxis sim card but later was change to celcom sim card and it still works. I was having a thought to give a try with the unifi sim card but it seems like I failed. I read somewhere that maybe it is because the modem only supports 3g and not 4g/LTE and that is why the sim card cannot operate properly. Hopefully I can solve this ASAP!

Legolas
Upholding Citizen ✪✪

Have you tried using other device/phone that support LTE Band 5? Could be device incompatibility issue

Bilabelmel_
Contributing Citizen ✪

Hi I'm using the free sim and this is my fourth sim. All three works well but when i use the fourth sim i cannot reach internet line even after setting apn and worst than that i cannot even send messages and calls since no line connected. What should i do?
Lagoonasupa
Distinguished Citizen ✪

@Bilabelmel_

Better check if your fourth sim line status is active or not coz from based on your description, it's probably got to do with the line status.
liezaghazali
New-in-Town ✪✪

Cannot use my sim card at my iphone. Install sim card but still no service.  Please assist.

Thanks 

Lagoonasupa
Distinguished Citizen ✪

@liezaghazali
Have you try to swap sim card to other 4G phone and test?

Did you also install APN setting into your phone yet?

You can check these out
https://community.unifi.com.my/t5/network-issues/I-m-not-able-to-connect-to-unifi-network/ta-p/8749

https://community.unifi.com.my/t5/Tips-Guides/How-to-set-APN-settings/m-p/15495#M267