ISSUE OF 4G, CONNECTIVITY AND COVERAGE

mahendaran
Contributing Citizen ✪✪✪

ISSUE OF 4G, CONNECTIVITY AND COVERAGE

I have been a one of the earliest  Webe user turned Unifi, and was relatively happy with their mobile data service. Until recently, the coverage area has been limited and narrowed down. 

Areas where the map shows has Coverage shows nothing on the Phone. 

UNIFI blamed phone, So I changed phone. Still same, Then blamed SIM, I changed SIM, still same.

In Town areas such as Kota Kemuning or Puchong, there is no line. Cannot even make calls.

the worst part if you want to travel to the East, you can litterally just off the phone as there is no line at all on the LPT going to Genting, Janda Baik. 

Even to Ulu yam or serendah, you can die trying to get a call. out. 

All because TM had to shutdown the 3G network. 

When will these problem be resolve. 

12 REPLIES 12
Asnoor
Sheriff

Re: ISSUE OF 4G, CONNECTIVITY AND COVERAGE

Hi, mahendaran

Have you tried to set the APN back. Can check here:

(https://community.unifi.com.my/t5/unifi-Tips-Guides/How-to-set-APN-settings/td-p/15495)

You also may contact CS via:

https://unifi.com.my/support/contact-us for clarification.

mahendaran
Contributing Citizen ✪✪✪

all done 

even contacted CS. they cannot even answer the question. 

So still questoning on this 

cipp
Sheriff

Hi, @mahendaran.

You can make a report by call to 100, Livechat, message to Facebook/ Twitter unifi.

mahendaran
Contributing Citizen ✪✪✪

Jawapan macam nak Taichi masalah je.. 

HMM.. 

100 dont entertain to UNIFI Mobile's issue.. 

others have no answer. 

Zul_theGreat
Sheriff

Hi  mahendaran

The 3G network was shut down as part of JENDELA plan. Same happen to other telcos. Better contact customer services officer  to check the location either it was impacted or not. More info about JENDELA, you can refer to their website, https://myjendela.my/FAQ-and-Glossary/FAQs-(1)/The-Sunsetting-Of-3G-Network.

nizarrealm
New-in-Town ✪✪

Agreed here in Bukit Antarabangsa virtually  no data line ended up with E or Edge only and worst thing is that most of the time i cant even make any call! WTH. What r we paying for is not even served the basic telco function- failed to make call and to call out.  Had even made an official report to Unifi CS till now no resolution - what a let down unifi. 

mahendaran
Contributing Citizen ✪✪✪

Hi.. 

Thank you for the message, 

But part of Jendela is that, areas that previously had coverage with 3G, and now totally has no coverage, With report by customer, they can activate 3G at that areas till the issue resolve or till 5G is covering the area.

So therefore, is it fair that we pay if the area has no coverage?

mahendaran
Contributing Citizen ✪✪✪

You can open a case report with MCMC on this matter.  I just done that. 

seems that is the only way to have UNIFI to respond back to us. 

NurBisa
Sheriff

Hi mahendaran, the services offered depend on the “Best Effort Basis”. “Best effort basis” means a service rate that depends on several factors such as location, coverage, distance of the substation to your residence and the number of users using the service at one time. I already try at Taman Tun Doktor Ismail Kuala Lumpur the coverage really good there.