Network speed throttled issue

Hpanda
Contributing Citizen ✪✪✪

Network speed throttled issue

Ever since January 2017, webe 3G network speed have changed from 10mbps to 2mbps without any notice. Is this connection speed is supposed to be the actual speed of 3G network?

7 REPLIES 7
ztron
Retired Sheriff

Re: Network speed throttled issue

Hi @Hpanda,

The connection is based on your location and depends on your surrounding or environment. 

If you face any slow connection issue, try to check this out.

Hpanda
Contributing Citizen ✪✪✪

A speedtest from my Celcom Simcard 3G can achieve at least 7Mbps and higher! Webe 3G stays on 2-3Mbps. What your take on this?

lordsnow
Retired Sheriff

my 2 cents, celcom as a competitor they are not likely to give their 100% full speed to webe otherwise all their customers will switch to webe already.... i think 2-3Mbps is still reasonable..

I'm Jon, I know nothing

Hpanda
Contributing Citizen ✪✪✪

So what? Its not webe fault that they cant give their customer a proper 3G connection? Customer can only wait for the 4G network implementation from webe? A smooth 3G connection is what we want since some of us know that our place wont be getting that 4G connection anytime soon.
vannice
Contributing Citizen ✪

not only in 3G.

I have 4G coverage in my area, at least it shows 4G connection with 2 bars (max is 4 bar). 

My speed is constantly at around 1-2 mbps.  

Webe, can you explain what I can do to improve. 

I am using your huawei modem with webe broadband. 

crixster
Contributing Citizen ✪

stupid reply. no link!
ztron
Retired Sheriff

@crixster, ya loh, that link you try to search was based on 2017 lor......it's been long (and not long ago).

refer to this link
https://community.unifi.com.my/t5/network-issues/My-internet-is-very-slow/ta-p/8747