Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throttling after 30GB and 50GB

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Throttling after 30GB and 50GB

Is unifi throttling my speed after i exceed my quota? I notice theres another post complaining the same thing.

https://community.unifi.com.my/t5/unifi-mobile/Unifi-Mobile-Speed-Throttling-After-Exceed-Quota/td-p...

Dont give me the same excuse its congestion. 

This problem has been happening to me since i subscribed to unifi which is more than a year. I complained to them on march this year and it took them 2 months to reply and even then they asked me the same thing which is speedtest result even though my first email already contain all the speed test proof they needed. The 2nd and 3rd email from them also asked me for speed test result and all of them is different people. Do unifi just pass my case to diff person each email and kept repeating the same script? The funny thing is, all of the sudden the customer service replied my email within a day after i complained to SKMM. 

The problem is unifi is throttling my internet speed. Once after i reached 30GB, it will throttled to 500KB/s and it will throttled again after i reached 50GB, to 300KB/s. Plain and simple. Where is unifi proof saying they dont throtte user internet speed? All im reading this past few months is just words from unifi and not a single proof.

Later ill upload a speedtest screen shot from the date 19/03/2020, 01/04/2020, 22/04/2020 (Morning, afternoon and evening) and 18/07/2020. I cant upload screenshot from mobile for some reason.

Btw, the complaint id is for skmm is 0720-01-0016156-WEBE

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Mayor

Re: Throttling after 30GB and 50GB

Hi there @dsfsdfsdfsdfsdf ,

There are no throttle of speed for unifi Mobile unlimited plan except for p2p and torrent download.

That is as far as we know in here.

But since you have logged a SKMM complaint then you will get the answer given by another team. And feel free to update this thread so that everyone else can read it too.

Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

People who dont experience this kind if throttling probably never user their data above 30 or 50gb to notice it
Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Highlighted
Mayor

Hi @dsfsdfsdfsdfsdf ,

That is umobile.

Not related at all with unifi Mobile.

Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

@remstr wrote:

Hi @dsfsdfsdfsdfsdf ,

That is umobile.

Never said it was unifi. Smiley LOL

But its a possibility, if Umobile can do it. Why cant unifi. Smiley Wink Oh well. SKMM is still investigating. 

Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

@remstr wrote:

Hi @dsfsdfsdfsdfsdf ,

That is umobile.

Well, there you have it. Throtlling based on user usage.

Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)

a)         Clause 3.c;

“We consider your use of the Service unreasonable or unacceptable in the examples of uses below. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list……. making excessive use of, or placing unusual burdens on, our network and/or our supplier’s network, for example by sending or receiving large volumes of email or excessively large email attachments.”

And follow to state under Clause 7 that,

b)         Clause 7;

“The actions we take.

We are under no obligation to monitor your transmissions or any content you publish using the Property. However, we may from time to time monitor transmissions or published content to protect our network, our other subscribers and the general public as well as to ensure you are complying with the terms of the AUP. First, you should be aware that we will block any electronic communication that we reasonably consider to have breached this AUP. Secondly, if you breach this AUP, or we or a third party, reasonably suspect that you may have breached this AUP, we may notify you (although we do not have any obligation to notify you and also we will only notify if it does not prejudice any investigation) and we may also:

a.         throttle or reduce your internet data speed until such time as we deem fit;”