Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unifi Air connection problem

SOLVED
Edwardsijh
Contributing Citizen ✪

Unifi Air connection problem

I just subscribed Unifi Air last month and I just received it last week, When I used it at Kuching Sarawak 3 days ago it works totally fine and after I move back to Betong Sarawak it keep asking me to login/authorize when  I connect to WIFI. Then after login it will pop up UI page and show me invalid profile. I already tried few methods that unifi show me like re-insert SIM card, restart modem or create new APN profile but it doesn't work. I try to contact with live chat and they told me there is no 4G coverage at my current address. Is there anything I can do or I just have to pay 2 years for nothing?

17 REPLIES 17
Kerry
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Re: Unifi Air connection problem

Hi,

I am also facing terrible speeds after trying out Unifi Air for a week, and I am now in the midst of fightning for my rights as a customer in terminating the service without paying penalty. I emailed mobilecare@unifi.com.my, and they confirmed that the speeds that I am experiencing is congested, but are not allowing me to cancel my service as the speeds I am experiencing are still "within range". How is that fair for customers? In the TnC, in no way it is stated what are considered slow speeds (FYI, the speeds I am getting are around 1-2mbps). I would advise you to do the same if you are not getting the service you are expecting.

I would also like to encourage TM to uphold their TnC in allowing customers to cancel and terminate their contract without penalty as stated here:

You are able to terminate the unifi Air plan without any penalty in the below scenarios:
I. Proven the LTE network experience based on registered customer address is congested.

What is the point of having a TnC, if you are not allowing customers to cancel even if we have already proven that the speeds are congested on multiple occasions?
Tags (3)
Kerry
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

I sent an email on 22 June 2020 regarding my issue, but have yet to receive a reply. I reached out to LiveChat today, and they kept giving the same answers over and over again (escalate to technical team, reboot modem, etc.). I have tried all of the methods suggested, but am still not seeing an improvement. 

Again, I'd like to ask, why are customers not allowed to terminate the service without penalty, if we have proven, and UnifiAir have confirmed, that we are facing congested speeds in our registered address as stated in the TnC?

My Case ID: unifi mobile Tracking#0488098

Charlize
Upholding Citizen ✪✪✪

@Kerry if TM keep dragging and you have expired all resources to help then probably you may want to engage an attorney to help. Then move on to other ISP

Charlize
Upholding Citizen ✪✪✪

@Edwardsijh when you turned on the router do you see any LED light (top 3 LED) turn on? If yes mean there is signal coverage and you should be able to go online. When you log into the setup page at the home page if there is signal it should show something like this 

signal.jpg

Kerry
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Modem beside windowModem beside windowSpeedtest on 30 June 2020 @ 9:06PMSpeedtest on 30 June 2020 @ 9:06PMThank you for taking the time to reply @Charlize .

I just received a reply earlier today, and they are asking me to take a picture of the modem and test the speed once more. Again, same results which I have proved numerous times.

As you can see, the speeds are terribly slow (to the extent that I am unable to open simple messaging applications), and I have also placed the modem to as close to the window as possible.

I do not want to waste any more time doing more tests and troubleshooting, I would like to just terminate the service and move on. Why is TM making it so difficult for us to do so?

I am not trying to breach the contract on purpose, and I have also reached out to TM as early as possible (within 1 week of receiving the modem) to explain the issue and my request to cancel. I really wish that I do not have to engage the Consumer's Association or engage in an attorney to solve a seemingly straightforward issue here.

Your E-mail Ticket ID: U-2926999

Glenn
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Lets say if tm not going resolve your problem MCMC aduan is the best place for complaint your issues gl with that
Charlize
Upholding Citizen ✪✪✪

@Kerry this is really weird even upload is faster than download speed. Have you tried using LAN? Anyway, I really feel for you. You can try complaint with MCMC but I don't think it can bring you anywhere. MCMC would just refer you back to TM just like what I got from them.

Kerry
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

@Charlize yes you are right, I lodged a report on MCMC's website, but they re-routed the complaint to TM, and they suggested the same troubleshooting steps over and over again but weren't able to solve my issue.

To further proof the speeds I am experiencing:
30 June 2020, 10:37PM30 June 2020, 10:37PM30 June 2020, 11:45PM30 June 2020, 11:45PM

As you can see, the speeds are unbearably slow (to the extent where I am not even able to access WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger). I did not try LAN as I need to use WiFi on a daily basis since I'm sharing the internet with the rest of my family members.

I just want to termintate my service and move on to look for other ISP that can serve my needs. 

Charlize
Upholding Citizen ✪✪✪

@Kerry frankly if I have other option I would switch to other ISP. Unifi Air speed is max at 20Mbps and can not port forward too but I have to live with it cause there is no fibre cable in many areas around where I'm staying seems like many people are contended with sloth Streamyx even though paying higher price per month