cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unifi Mobile Postpaid YouTube stream speed cap

Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Unifi Mobile Postpaid YouTube stream speed cap

Hi, I'm using RM59 (12 month contract) and can't stream videos at anything above 480p. 

I don't have problems streaming at 1080p60fps using prepaid. 

Seems like got speed cap for streaming videos on unlimited postpaid. Anyone got same problem? 

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Mayor

Re: Unifi Mobile Postpaid YouTube stream speed cap

Hi,

I have tried just now and it works. Streaming 1080p using postpaid.

Highlighted
Mayor

Hi there @scorch92 ,

Like @anr077 mentioned, yes there are no cap for youtube.

But, youtube did adjust your resolution depending on your internet speed.

Highlighted
New-in-Town ✪

Same with me... Maybe speed capped for promotion package ... I use student pack RM59/month.... Every place that have full 4G/4G+ i will test unifi speed and YouTube streaming same 480p...but unifi prepaid speed very okay.... So goodbye unifi... Liar huhu

Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪

Same with me. Already ask using chat with them for 3 times and they all said there's no speed cap when using YouTube but the result i get totally different from what they said. Whenever I watch YouTube my speed is 1.5mbps. Not only that, once I used 10gb, my speed went from 20mbps to 12mbps. It's ridiculous. I was a umobile gx68 user and I've once used up to 750gb a month and yet, i still get speed up to 100mbps. Unifi definitely a liar. Anyone who's read this please don't ever subscribe to unifi postpaid plan

Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Thanks everyone for your comments and experience.

After saying unlimited this and that and also multiple sources reassuring there's no speed cap, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem.

I couldn't take it anymore and went to Menara TM itself to notify of the problem. 

Thank goodness I could reproduce the problem exactly as predicted. You can tell it's not a coverage issue if the exact same problem happens at the HQ of TM itself.

The customer service staff was also helpful in trying to understand the situation and also baffled by seeing the problem happen right in front of her eyes. 

She said she has elevated it to higher IT department and I'll be followed up upon.

So until this is resolved, I suggest caution on subscribing to unifi postpaid if your main purpose is to watch high quality videos.

Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪

Any update on this issue?

Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

+1 I Prove TM postpaid 59 Network speed limit Use Exceed 10GB Half slow ,Use Exceed 30GB Finished Very slow I Every month Try Everyday Try Confirm
Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

I Prove TM postpaid 59 Network speed limit Use Exceed 10GB Half slow ,Use Exceed 30GB Finished Very slow I Every month Try Everyday Try Confirm
Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪

AS long if you use vpn...if not never wil be solve...if still asking here...same answer you will have..there are no cap for youtube.

But, youtube did adjust your resolution depending on your internet speed.