cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unifi Mobile Speed Throttling After Exceed Quota

Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪

Re: Unifi Mobile Speed Throttling After Exceed Quota

Now my data usage reached 30gb and true enough, almost immediately the speed dropped to ~5mbps consistent (refer picture) . Mind you, my location has full signal and less congestion. Also, a friend of mine tested using his unifi sim on the same location but with data usage less than 10gb gets 20mbps consistent. Therefore I can conclude that unifi mobile is SECRETLY THROTTLING THE INTERNET SPEED!

<10GB - 20mbps max

>10GB - 10mbps max

>30GB - 5mbps max

>50GB - 3mbps max

I have forwarded the issue to MCMC on this matter we'll see how it goes. I would have never subscribe to this plan if I know this kind of crappy limitation exist. 

Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Happened to me as well. Used to get 17MBPS but since UniFi started giving the 1TB data I use it quite heavily to stream Netflix and Amazon Prime and my speed was dropped to 5MBPS and currently  3MBPS. When I start the speed test I can achieve 17MBPS but the speed will drop and then be stable at 3MBPS. Very obvious its being throttled and they cannot limit P2P download limit as well cause nowhere in the T&C stated that they will limit speed if we download via P2P. Do let me know if you require my information to be included as well cause it's unfair for us users. 

Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

I also complained to SKMM. Still under investigation. 

Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪

hello gais, any update? because in sept ill start rely to my data connection as i will go to pahang, right now im just using wifi so just wondering if this is true

Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪

Yes, I experienced it aswell, I have constantly monitored the speed since first time I use the plan. At early month I can reach about 20Mbps, then the speed will drop to 4Mbps after half of the month. I assumed I have reached certain amount of quota and they secretly throttled my internet speed. They also throttle YouTube at 2Mbps regardlessly.

Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

postpaid 59 Why is the network speed limit Every early month 1st of calendar is no problem. Use Exceed 10GB Half slow ,Use Exceed 30GB Finished Very slow I Prove TM postpaid 59 Network speed limit Use Exceed 10GB Half slow ,Use Exceed 30GB Finished Very slow I Every month Try Everyday Try Confirm
Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Network speed limit I Very Prove postpaid 59 Why is the network speed limit Every early month 1st of calendar is no problem. Use Exceed 10GB Half slow ,Use Exceed 30GB Finished Very slow
Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Network speed limit I Very Prove They Never solve the problem postpaid 59 Why is the network speed limit Every early month 1st of calendar is no problem. Use Exceed 10GB Half slow ,Use Exceed 30GB Finished Very slow
Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Don't use it Http://­speedtest. Tm. Com. My/ Deceive , Use www.fast.com TM speedtest Deceive customers
Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Network speed limit I Very Prove Ask every day Same Question The problem is still unsolved I Prove TM postpaid 59 Network speed limit Use Exceed 10GB Half slow ,Use Exceed 30GB Finished Very slow I Every month Try Everyday Try Confirm