Unifi Mobile VoLTE for Sony Xperia Devices or other non supported devices

mdshaman
Contributing Citizen ✪

Unifi Mobile VoLTE for Sony Xperia Devices or other non supported devices

Are there any plan for Unifi Mobile to add more devices to their list of VoLTE supported devices? There are heaps of devices that are not on the supported device list expecially the recent Sony Xperia devices. Where do we request for devices to be added?

5 REPLIES 5
ojsec
Distinguished Citizen ✪✪

Re: Unifi Mobile VoLTE for Sony Xperia Devices or other non supported devices

normally is the device , if got volte function , then can support

maybe some device setting need turn ON ?

mdshaman
Contributing Citizen ✪

Nope, my device Xperia 5 II, have VoLTE capabilities.. But if the carrier (i.e Unifi) does not have support for the device itself, then the setting will not be available. In the listed device compatibility,  https://unifi.com.my/mobile/postpaid/phone-compatibility, recent xperia devices are not even listed.. 

So to whom do I actually have to ask regarding this? Contacting the customer service (chat or otherwise) will only state the device is not supported by Unifi.

jasonanthony
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

same problem here, I am using the Xperia 1ii , but no VOLTE from Unifi although the phone supports it. Heaps of phones brands are not included in Unifi Mobile Volte whitelist. After this December's  3G shutdown, many people are going to face serious call quality issues

Vella
Contributing Citizen ✪

Most malaysian network not capable , even our neighbor county they have advance network which able to support all smartphones with VoLTE n VoWIFI supported. Now only our malaysian network talking about VoLTE very loud, but the truth is VoLTE going to obsolete anytime soon. Now the new tech is called VoNR n ViNR , make wise decision Smiley Happy

jasonanthony
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

you are right but sadly it will take YEARS before anyone in Malaysia will be able to enjoy those services. By the time it becomes available here even that will already be obsolete