Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice on WiFi or Volte

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪

Voice on WiFi or Volte

Hi, I am using pixel 2 xl and I'm trying to use voice calls in my house. The line is quite bad hence I m wondering if unifi mobile calls can be supported on either WiFi or Volte. But the 4g signal here too is quite poor. So the best would be voice on WiFi since the Internet connection is the most stable here.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Mayor

Re: Voice on WiFi or Volte

Hi there @Qhamzarul ,

Cool phone Smiley Happy

Voice Over LTE are supported, but not for all phones. You can check yours here -->https://unifi.com.my/mobile/postpaid/phone-compatibility (Spoiler alert, your phone was not supported)

Regarding Voice Over WiFi, im afraid unifi Mobile still dont have that features.

Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪

Thanks for the update. I am afraid that was the answer. In the earlier days, TM did send out an apk to be installed on the phone so that that Voice over LTE is enabled. do you have any idea if the apk is still available?

i got a text msg advising that they are testing the voice of LTE and i installed it. But places where the 4g wasn't good, it was quite bad to use. 

Since im staying in a condo, do u know if there's any other ways to boost the voice radio signal?

Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪

Actually, i've checked the page and it says the phone must support band 5. The Google pixel xl 2 does support band 5. i have also checked on the phone... Volte calling is there but it is not enabled. there's also WiFi calling but unfortunately unifi mobile is not ready yet.

Is there a way to manually enable the VOLTE if the phone supports it?
Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪

after further research, my number/sim should be provision again to the latest update and enable the VoLTE feature.

Can i just talk to the call center and get this enabled? Since unifi mobile does support VoLTE.
Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪

Create new apn & save it.

name: ims
apn: ims
apn type: ims
Highlighted
Mayor

Hi there @Qhamzarul ,

Im afraid that even call centre cannot enable those features, i have asked around.

Highlighted
Mayor

Hi @pan-pan ,

May i know what is this for?

Because if you use other than unifi mobile APN, you will not get the most of the experience.

Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪

thank you all..

how do i know when i entered the IMS apn Volte is enabled?

@remstr i will ask around as well. Thanks

Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪

Kalau hanset kamu support volte, akan keluar icon volte/HD sebelah signal bar.