PC can't find WiFi

Brandcwh22
Contributing Citizen ✪

PC can't find WiFi

I have 2 networks: wifi@unifi and wifi 5g@unifi. My phones can connect to the wifi 5g@unifi network perfectly, but my 2 PCs can't, they can't even find them in the list of available connections. I have a printer set up and connected to the wifi 5g network, so now I can't send documents to the printer. Please help. 

Tags (4)
8 REPLIES 8
remstr
Mayor

Re: PC can't find WiFi

@Brandcwh22 wrote:

I have 2 networks: wifi@unifi and wifi 5g@unifi. My phones can connect to the wifi 5g@unifi network perfectly, but my 2 PCs can't, they can't even find them in the list of available connections. I have a printer set up and connected to the wifi 5g network, so now I can't send documents to the printer. Please help. 

Yep @Brandcwh22 , that is not aproblem actually.

You see, some devices cant recognize 5ghz spectrum. That is normal. Even some smartphone (like mine) cannot connected to 5ghz.

My suggestion is, either you change the printer network or use lan cable.

Brandcwh22
Contributing Citizen ✪

The thing is that it used to be able to connect. Now it just can't be detected 

remstr
Mayor

@Brandcwh22 wrote:

The thing is that it used to be able to connect. Now it just can't be detected 

If you can used it before, then something might changed. What brand is your printer? With model number. I want to try googling around.

ZhiCheng
Contributing Citizen ✪

Your PC or smartphone is not able to decect the 5Ghz wifi because of the diffrence in the receicers most Mid-Range smartphones and PCs are not able to decect 5G wifi. i hope this helped youSmiley Wink Have a good one!

P.S. Receivers such as 802.11n is able to receive 5G wifi.

radiyahabdkarim
New-in-Town ✪

Did u manage to solve the problem? May I know how did you do it? It occurs to me now. Please helpSmiley Sad

remstr
Mayor

Hi @radiyahabdkarim ,

What happened?

ken_2014
Contributing Citizen ✪

please, i have the same problem!!

yesterday we still can connect to unifi, but today (24 Sep2021) only new PC, new handphone able to detect the wifi.

we found that only unifi-5G available now!!

fyi, i am using unifi air ( means wireless unifi).

need the help urgently. needed for online class. please help

remstr
Mayor

Hi @ken_2014 ,

Have you restarted your router? Using your phone, 2.4ghz also dissapear?