Port full at new house

amalinaamirulla
Contributing Citizen ✪

Port full at new house

Hi,

We just moved to a new house, but the staff at TMPoint said the port around the new area is full. He did give me a number (OCI-) to check next week.

HoweverI'm quite pessimistic that a new port would be available. The staff also can't guarantee anything, he could only send an application on my part.

Has anyone had  good experience with a new port becoming available at your new residence?

Let say they're willing to make a new port just for our house, how long will the process take?

Any guidance and help is greatly appreciated.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
remstr
Mayor

Re: Port full at new house

Hi there @amalinaamirulla ,

Port full is a common problem nowadays. But it is better than no infra at all. You can PM me your full address with contact number, and i will help you to check again.

Bear in mind that i cant promise you anything, it all depends to your area.

amalinaamirulla
Contributing Citizen ✪

Update to anyone having similar problem.

A Unifi staff called me to inform the ports are still full and suggested that I terminate my account to prevent from being billed (although no new installation has been made at the new house).

To confirm, I also chatted with a Unifi representative, and she confirmed that I still have to pay the bills to keep my account active, if I still want to keep waiting for any port to become available.

To note, they did put my account as currently in demand for a new port. But I guess that's extent that customer service can help.

I'm disappointed but I guess there's nothing anyone can do unless some higher ups decide to do something about it.

remstr
Mayor

Hi there @amalinaamirulla ,

That is the procedure for relocation with no port, usually they will advise cust to terminate the service to avoid unnecessary billing.

For your case, i am still waiting for the feedback from the team. I will update you once i get the confirmation ya.